Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Boot Camp: Week 2

I'm back with a report on Boot Camp. Today is officially Week 3, Day 1...so I'm reporting on Week 2. The dreaded Week 2. If you have ever watched The Biggest Loser you know that they always refer to the second week as "dreaded week 2." Now I know why. It's not fair to say it was a dreadful week, but it certainly wasn't a fantastic week. I discovered today while we were at BC that most everyone in our group felt this way. I did a very good job of sticking with my diet and I was very diligent with my workouts, even better than last week. However, I have not lost any weight this week. Honestly, I'm not really down on myself about this (which is darn near miraculous for me). I have a little bit of biology working against me today (the kind that comes monthly), so that could be accounting for no drop in weight. I also think that because I did so well the first week, it was bound to happen that this would be a slow week. So...I'm gonna keep moving on.

Today's workout at BC was out of control. It's actually one of those workouts where you think, "good grief, surely I've lost at least 3 lbs in the last hour." It wasn't necessarily the most fun while we were doing it, but I felt awesome (and sore) afterward and like I had really given it my all. We did different stations for 2 min. each that included things like: tricep pull-downs, upright row, hula hoop (which I'm awesome at:)), clean and jerk, lunges with medicine ball, etc. Then we ran some, ran suicides, did squatting jumps...and went back through our stations again. Suffice it to say I was absolutely soaked when we were through...which isn't the greatest thing in the middle of the work day. But, if it's gonna help me lose weight and get healthier I'll do whatever it takes.

This week's homework is different strength training activities...although we are still to continue our interval homework from last week and of course our food homework from week 1. Honestly, the hardest part for me with the intervals is feeling pressure to do what the trainers have regimented for us versus something that will help me train better for the 5K. Basically, I'm not a runner, so I'm trying to improve as much as I can in time for the 5K. At this point, I'm modifying a running plan with the interval schedule...so we'll see if that continues to work. I guess that about covers my update for this week. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment