Thursday, December 17, 2009

Firsts

I had the privilege of making Addyson's Christmas dress this year...and it was so much fun! I've had the hankering to sew dresses for a little while now, and I finally got my chance. I think I may be hooked. This was my first dress. In fact it was a few firsts for me...my first gather/ruffle...and my first buttonholes. I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. I hope that it fits her well because there's no doubt that she'll be cute regardless. So, here it is....
Heather (Addyson's mommy) picked out the fabrics and she found a picture of what she wanted it to look like, so I took it from there. And now you get to send the end result. Of course since it is Christmas, it'll be a bit cold, so I monogrammed a turtleneck for her to wear with the dress.
Here's another close-up of the shirt. I had Bubba snap these pictures for me as we were in a hurry to get to a dinner for work tonight.
What do you think? The plan is that Addyson will be able to wear it for a while...it's got colors that work for Christmas, without being too over the top so that she can wear it throughout the year. Heather and I talked at dinner tonight, and probably after it warms up some I'll add an "A" to the front in that pretty pinky-red.

I've got plans for a couple more dresses in the next couple weeks. I'm pretty excited about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment